One of the most important decisions in life, is who you choose to surround yourself with. Two very common phrases are, “You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with”, and “Your network is your net-worth”. I am a firm believer in both because your friends should motivate & inspire you:
• Larry Page started Google with his best friend Sergey Brin
• Bill Gates started Microsoft with his childhood friend Paul Allen
• Steve jobs started Apple with a close friend Steve Wozniak
• Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook with one of his only friends Eduardo Severin
So what are you doing with your friends?
You should surround yourself around those you can learn from or growth with. Create a circle of friends who discuss:
• Setting goals
• Building wealth
• Investing in assets
• Starting businesses
• Learning new things
• Creating multiple streams of income
Build a network of friends who fit your future, not your past.
• In 1976, Steve Wozniak co-founded Apple Computer with his friend Steve Jobs, which later became the world’s largest technology company by revenue and the largest company in the world by market cap.
• Paul Allen co-founded Microsoft with his childhood friend Bill Gates in 1975, which sparked the microcomputer revolution of the 1970s & 1980s.
• Larry Page and Sergey Brin launched Google in 1998 while at Stanford University.
• Eduardo Severin is said to be the only close friend of Mark Zuckerberg before Facebook. They both agreed to invest $1,000 to launch The Facebook in 2004, while in Harvard.
Your network should support you, motivate you or inspire you. It’s impossible to fail when your circle is constantly discussing investing, entrepreneurship and personal growth. Create a circle who discuss opportunities to make money, not just spent it, it will change your life. Mindset is everything, so if your network isn’t discussing:
• Building wealth
• Personal growth & setting goals
• Entrepreneurship ideas or investing in assets
Then rethink who you surround yourself with, because your network can make or break you.
If you enjoyed this read, feel free to also follow me on other social media:
My Newsletter on SubStack: The Newsletter
My Blog on Medium: Andrew Lokenauth on Medium
Facebook Page: @FluentInFinance
My Reddit Community:r/FluentInFinance